Register.com DNS outages

John Lightfoot jlightfoot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 03:20:52 UTC 2010

My company uses register.com for DNS hosting and we were hit by its troubles
this weekend.  I know there are companies that offer backup DNS services,
but those seem to be aimed at companies that host their own DNS, which we're
not really interested in doing at this time.  Are there mainstream DNS
hosting companies that allow customers to use a second company for their
backup DNS?  Does register.com allow this?