Low end, cool CPE.
kwallace at pcconnection.com
Fri Nov 12 08:34:22 CST 2010
From: Leo Bicknell [mailto:bicknell at ufp.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:41 PM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Low end, cool CPE.
I've run into a number of low end CPE situations lately where I haven't
found anything that does what I want, but I have to believe it is out
there. I'm hoping NANOG can help.
Basically think about a sophisticated home user, or a 1-5 person small
office. Think DSL, Cable Modem, maybe Cell Card or ISDN as backups.
Looking for an "appliance", very much fire and forget. I probably won't
get all the features that I want, but in no particular
- Able to load balance over 2 links (probably via NAT).
- IPv6 support, native or tunnel to tunnelbroker.net type thing.
- Able to deal with "backup" connectivity, eg. Cell Cards which you
only want to use if the primary is down.
- User friendly features, e.g. UPNP, NAT-PMP, etc.
- Good manageability. ssh to a cli would be a huge bonus, at least
the ability to backup a config.
- Able to handle decent througput, probably 20Mbps/sec min, 50 would
_ Nice firewall features.
- IDS features are cool.
I've been very happy with Peplink's Balance line (have a couple of
More information about the NANOG