Ciscos, BGP, L2TPV3 pseudowires and loopback IPs

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Nov 11 19:08:41 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010 12:50 PM, James Smallacombe wrote:

> Point-to-point (non-multi-access) interfaces only

Yeah, it's evil. I don't see a cisco equiv to state it's point to point
(you can tell ISIS it is, but not define the interface as such).
However, I'm not sure of the limitations or associated problems, you
might try:

FastEthernet0/0.1
  encap dot1q 1 native
  ip unnumbered loopback1
!

Haven't tested it, but it utilizes the access code in IOS for subscriber
management using vlans. As long as you have a route pointing out the
interface, it will allow the traffic to go through.

Jack