AS path question.

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Nov 10 19:25:46 CST 2010

--- jbates at brightok.net wrote:
From: Jack Bates <jbates at brightok.net>

On 11/10/2010 5:44 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:
> Do you think (or is there evidence) that very many ASs use maxas-limit type commands?  I have never used it and never had any problems...

: ...but just to be safe I added it to all my routers. I
: don't know where I came up with the magical 75 number,
: but it definitely seems reasonable that anything with
: 75+ ASNs in the path probably don't deserve to be in
: my table.

Why did that make you feel safe?  Other than a bug, and ignorance of BGP, what is unsafe about a lotta prepends?

scott