AS path question.

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Nov 10 23:17:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:31:25 EST, Jared Mauch said:
> The best question is:
>
> Do you know what prefix you just lost reachability to, or do you just
> point default as a last resort anyways, so don't know.

One has to wonder how many places are using the prepend-me-harder
commands to do traffic engineering, and have absolutely no clue that
their prepends are having the opposite effect because the prefix is
being dropped entirely by some AS's.

I suppose the exact same issue applies for those places that deaggregate
in an attempt to to TE, and the de-aggregated prefixes get munched by
somebody's prefix-length filter.