OT: VM slicing and dicing

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Tue Nov 9 16:17:50 UTC 2010

Hey gents:

As always I value your input. Best resource on the planet! =)
I'm hoping this isn't too off-topic if so please respond to me offline if so.

I figured since most of everyone here are operators working in a datacenter, you may or may
not have experience with virtualization software that allows you to configure VM's on the fly.

I'm not looking for companies that offer this service, but the actual software engines that allow you
to create VM's on the fly. So a customer goes to your website and says I want Win2008 with 8gigs of RAM and 120gigs of HDD.
Just like custom configuring a new PC.

Does anyone here have experience or knowledge of companies that offer this type of software engine?

Thanks in advance!

Brandon