BGP support on ASA5585-X

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 04:54:04 UTC 2010

I won't speak to the wrong solution for the wrong market but as far as
large ACLs, I would agree with Tony.

I've seen hundreds of different ASA configurations for a variety of
customers in a variety of markets and generally once you start
reaching the limits of the box you start losing sight of what your
original security policies are.

In almost every (not all) cases that I've seen resource exhaustion due
to ACLs it's almost always gone hand in hand with security policies
that aren't followed well or clear cut (i.e., overlapping security
rules, lack of rule aggregation, not sure why rule X is in there,
things of this nature).

-Pete