Failover IPv6 with multiple PA prefixes (Was: IPv6 fc00::/7 - Unique local addresses)

Arifumi Matsumoto a at arifumi.net
Mon Nov 1 17:58:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

>> > There's an app for that (or rather a library routine called
>> > getaddrinfo() and an optional table it consults), and there's soon going
>> > to be a way to distribute it via DHCPv6 if the defaults don't suit -
>> >
>> > http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fujisaki-dhc-addr-select-opt-09

I'm a co-author of this draft.
The draft was redirected to 6man wg at IETF, and has a filename:
draft-fujisaki-6man-addr-select-opt-00

Unfortunately, I cannot declare it's gonna be ready soon.
This proposal has been hanging in the air for long time without any
remarkable progress. IMO, this is mainly due to lack of interests on
this kind of issues, and lack of operator's perspective on it.

I'm glad if anyone could make comments to the 6man list.

Best regards,