IPv6 rDNS

Lee Howard lee at asgard.org
Mon Nov 1 14:51:23 UTC 2010

Since there's a thread here, I'll mention rDNS for residential users.

I'm not sure there's consensus about whether forward and reverse ought
to match (how strong a "should" is that?).  I know you can't populate
every potential record in a reverse zone, as in IPv4.  You can generate
records on the fly, or just not provide PTRs.

I've described options in draft-howard-isp-ip6rdns-04 but I'm not sure
enough people care whether it's published as an RFC.  Discuss on
IETF's dnsop list.

Lee