datacenter traffic distribution

paljak at mit.bme.hu paljak at mit.bme.hu
Mon Nov 1 08:21:01 UTC 2010

   Hi,
   I'm wondering if there's a reliable and public survey, statistics about
   the distribution of datacenter (or cloud, if you wish) traffic,
   according to protocols or traffic types? E.g. the share of
   iscsi/fcoe/etc in storage, or the share of TCP/UDP, and so on.
   For general, Internet traffic, i've found several, for example:
   - Cisco Visual Networking Index,
   http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns525/ns537/ns705
   /ns827/white_paper_c11-481360_ns827_Networking_Solutions_White_Paper.ht
   ml
   - Arbor Networks survey,
   http://www.arbornetworks.com/en/arbor-networks-the-university-of-michig
   an-and-merit-network-to-present-two-year-study-of-global-int-2.html
   I'd be interested in seeing something similar for datacenter traffic,
   for research purposes.
   Thanks for you help in advance,
   Gergely

   --