Junos Asymmetric Routing

Joe Blanchard jbfixurpc at gmail.com
Fri May 28 06:33:02 UTC 2010

That would seem to be a good resolution (Firewall/NAT) . Aside from
that, perhaps a load
balancer for each segment might help?
One question that comes to mind is why (if ISP2 is a backup) would valid
traffic
be using that route?
Unless maybe your loadbalancing using a DNS round robin perhaps to hit
the second IP space or loadbalancing
the 2 ISPs?
Another "maybe" resolve would be to multi-home the application to that
segment, i.e. 2 nics on the
server, one on the primary network, the other on the secondary with
appropriate Def.GWs, of course
since there is little information on the infrastructure here this may
not be possible.
I suppose if one were to get really detailed about this, you could look
into reverse routing using MAC, but
theoretically that would/could open a whole other set of issues.

Regards,
Joe Blanchard