FIOS Router

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu May 27 17:54:32 UTC 2010

On 5/27/10 11:46 AM, Chris Burwell wrote:
> Brielle: Thank you for the info about the Ethernet port on the ONT. I
> will make sure to relay that information. At this point I believe they
> would want to make their service stable and worry about maximum
> bandwidth once that is done.

I was actually corrected off list that its possible to get 100mbit over
100Base-TX, but its entirely possible that cheapie cards and such may
not be able to hit that high of performance.

> The router they have is the MI424WR, which is what I have for my home
> service. I don't have many complaints about it at home, however it's
> clear that it's not up to the task in the case of my client. They have
> had the router replaced by Verizon 4 times in about as many months.

I believe its possible to install DD-WRT on the MI424WR.

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/MI424WR

You might have luck with running pure Linux on that rather then Jungo's
commercial linux abomination that Verizon uses.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org