thoughts?

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Thu May 27 11:40:15 UTC 2010

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dorn Hetzel [mailto:dhetzel at gmail.com]
> Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:11 AM
> To: nanog at nanog.org
> Subject: thoughts?
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/05/27/internet.crunch.2012/index.html?hpt=T2

Wow.  A news story about the depletion of IP addresses?  Shocking, since this is the first I've personally heard about this.  I can't believe that this has never once even been brought up on NANOG, cisco-nsp, juniper-nsp, ARIN PPML, ARIN Discuss, or any other telecommunications list to which most of us subscribe.

In other news, I understand that the Americans have won their independence from England?  Did anyone else know this?

-evt

* Sorry for the snarkiness, it's just that posts like this ignite flame wars between those unwilling to spend the trivial cost for IPv6 addresses and those who are pushing for IPv6.  Instead, it's obviously more cost-effective to spend *hours* reading and writing multiple arguments against IPv6 than it is to just implement it.