Cisco ASR

Sherwin Ang sherwin.ang at gmail.com
Wed May 26 08:10:19 UTC 2010

using ASR1006 here, had 2 automatic reboots last friday which is not a
good sign.

System image file is
"bootflash:/asr1000rp1-adventerprisek9.02.04.02.122-33.XND2.bin"
Last reload reason: Critical software exception, check
bootflash:crashinfo_RP_01_00_20100521-080244-XXX

last thing i always see before boom,

May 21 07:27:11.752 XXX: %BGP-6-BIGCHUNK: Big chunk pool request (252)
for community. Replenishing with malloc

i am starting to feel ASR1000 series' software is not yet ready for
primetime, but there are newer software available, will try that first
and if it still fails, then i'll cancel all ASR1000 orders.