Mikrotik BGP Question

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon May 24 15:48:00 UTC 2010

As opposed to what, injecting the entire BGP table into your igp?  That
generally doesn't work well.

> I think you also need iBGP speakers along all feasible paths between
> eBGP speakers.

I was assuming the eBGP speakers were directly connected over some sort
of interconnecting backhaul.  Again, you can't really figure out what
someone's topology is from a short blurb on a mailing list.  Yes, if
there are intervening hops, they will need to speak iBGP as well and
possibly configured as route reflectors if it isn't practical to fully
mesh everything.

Maybe there is a reason the legacy operator said both uplinks must be
connected to the same router.  If the two locations are not
interconnected, that would be one reason.  I don't believe the original
poster described their internal connectivity.

George