Mikrotik BGP Question

Graham Beneke graham at apolix.co.za
Sun May 23 06:21:47 UTC 2010

On 2010/05/21 11:56 PM, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> - Mikrotik still has some memory leaks in the BGP stack somewhere,
> causing funny issues at times.
>
> - Filters aren't adequate for my use, and lacking a lot on IPv4, but
> even more on IPv4.

I haven't seen either of those issues running the v4.x stream of
RouterOS. The memory leak was solved a while ago and Mikrotik has fairly
short release cycles.

We have extensive inbound and outbound filters on our eBGP doing most of
the normal things that you would do on a cisco. The IPv6 filters must be
built via the terminal to avoid limitations with the current GUI but
they also work very well

--
Graham Beneke