Partial Use Of one Regions IP Block in another

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu May 20 14:37:18 UTC 2010

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an organization getting all of it's
IP resources world wide from a single registry if they prefer to do so.

There is no policy prohibiting this in any registry. The policies are
designed to prevent "registry shopping" by organizations with neither
infrastructure nor presence in a region. There is no need, whatsoever
to procure multiple address chunks from multiple registries in order
to have infrastructure in more than one region.

You state "Obv, the best approach...". I don't think so. I think the best
approach is whatever allows you to make most efficient use of your
address space. Usually this will be from a single RIR rather than a
multiple RIR approach.

Owen