Juniper SRX-210 -- CCC certificate required

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Tue May 18 08:52:48 UTC 2010

Re Gordon,

gordslater at ieee.org (gordon b slater) wrote:

>  ...something in the back of my head says they retracted from their
> initial stance recently (few month ago?) and said the CCC for IT
> security kit was only needed for Gov't Procurement kit - I could be very
> wrong, it was a snippet of casual conversation in passing.

Thank you for this side note already - I'll forward your thoughts,
maybe it helps. Still, if anyone can dig something up...

> Maybe you're just up against extra red tape, officials not up to speed
> etc; or maybe it is for a Govt Contract after all.

It's not for a government contract (it's for the renewal of the
".de" ccTLD DNS setup in Beijing), and they could have put the
red tape around other stuff that's in there. I guess it's just
the usual formalism.

Unfortunately, Google doesn't come up with anything about SRX's
and CCC certification, though there seems to be a version with
chinese plugsets...

Yours,
	Elmar.

--

"Machen Sie sich erst einmal unbeliebt. Dann werden Sie auch ernstgenommen."
							     (Konrad Adenauer)