useful bgp example

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Tue May 18 04:02:51 UTC 2010

On 2010.05.17 19:15, Deric Kwok wrote:
> Hi
>
> My company will get 2 upstream provider. We will plan 2 routers and
> each router to connect one provider to use bgp for redundant.
> Do you have any useful bgp example and website to set it up?

One ``website'' I have in mind, but first, *ensure* that you have your
prefix-list and other outbound filters in place before you try anything.
*never* _test_ a multihome scenario before you are very confident that
you don't mess things up for your upstreams (or the Internet in
general). Not all upstream providers filter inbound (which is a problem
on its own).

Always, always, always ensure that you block all out (and in), and then
slowly leak what you need to.

With that said:

http://www.armware.dk/RFC/bcp/bcp38.html

Steve