Contacts re email deliverability problem to tmomail.net?

Jaren Angerbauer jarenangerbauer at gmail.com
Mon May 17 16:42:21 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Graham Freeman <jahiel at gmail.com> wrote:
> There appears to be a misunderstanding.  The messages in question are in fact 1:1 interpersonal communication between my client's customers (the people who use my client's iPhone messaging app) and their correspondents (to whom we're trying to deliver via the email->SMS gateway).    We're not sending ads, newsletters, or other such cruft.

Thanks for the clarification on this -- I didn't think this was the
latter type of messaging, and perhaps my use of "commercial" was the
wrong terminology.  That being said, as your client appears to have
issues only when the volume goes up, perhaps TMobile is getting the
perception that these message are in some way "commercial", based on
volume -- just a thought.

In any case, back to Al's point, I agreed with him because I'm under
the impression that mobile providers are leery of companies using
email-to-sms (vs straight SMS) because of the spam potential.  IIUC,
it's much easier to manage / control abuse issues with SMS.  I'm a bit
out of my expertise element here, so I could be missing something.

--Jaren