Root Zone DNSSEC Deployment Technical Status Update

itservices88 itservices88 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 18:14:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was building a test domain for trying out the dnssec. However as mentioned
on various websites "ad" appears in the flags, but i can't see it. The
domain i am using is not real and i am testing from the same machine,
Fedora-12. Any help?

Thanks

options {
        dnssec-enable yes;
        dnssec-validation yes;
};

[root at ns1 named-data]# dig +dnssec @localhost www
; <<>> DiG 9.6.2-P1-RedHat-9.6.2-3.P1.fc12 <<>> +dnssec @localhost www
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 6, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags: do; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.                           IN      A
;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
.                       5221    IN      SOA     a.root-servers.net.
nstld.verisign-grs.com. 2010051600 1800 900 604800 86400
.                       5221    IN      RRSIG   SOA 8 0 86400 20100523070000
20100516060000 55138 .
KTwve6TiQ6ShXCfEcbYusFWOCsx+IwCUumBr4GnwnNq1eqs7tqQaHqkJ
T/ewcvjXvRGOmHjhGRgqkdESse+/fa+tz1sSdvMsTGGI2Ba9/Fbb43Ty
eqsG5cFxbqfXOpwlA4ab9IR2Vkod6genONeYO6rrm2edNwQrf56wrtJr CNM=
.                       5221    IN      RRSIG   NSEC 8 0 86400
20100523070000 20100516060000 55138 .
uIgAQvJUyLjAPwb7zB8wcJ4wk++21g+iF/bJGlpvz4iUJOMwkPgqA2s/
A8W0MhxBjo7918xg6yJeqYwXB+rGG14F7UZfOBVlXIqno5/kXzi4Carh
/8sulBMyHbFmVlOht5SLU230ROaI6+4o0B6IRyiP5Vzgjt00zyFu26Rg Yb8=
.                       5221    IN      NSEC    ac. NS SOA RRSIG NSEC DNSKEY
ws.                     5221    IN      RRSIG   NSEC 8 1 86400
20100523070000 20100516060000 55138 .
KsvM0PTDqWt0yoJNZ4k1UGTw0UtJZxsZa17bDHAyY7w1eocZlCqGJNd8
2/WDeJMfCkM+MakJLblnixlI6QcNYV6ctrKZkNuA/iX2rwapouVYoC7G
HxvBLnb5TFWkCML+fhgOWza8RmRnCTY593uBgsPtcgEfTZAzYB+QFCEP 6oI=
ws.                     5221    IN      NSEC    æµè¯. NS RRSIG NSEC
;; Query time: 11 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Sun May 16 11:02:43 2010
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 641