SNMP Monitoring of a Transfer Switch relay

Chris Burwell cburwell at gmail.com
Fri May 14 20:12:55 UTC 2010

I have used the APC Environmental Manager (EMU) to do this. In our
case we ran a 4-pair line from the generator to the EMU. One pair was
connected to the EMU so that we could monitor and alert on the
run-cycles of the generator. Our transfer switch did not have these
capabilities, but you could apply the same configuration we used for
out generator.

The EMU has built-in alerting as well as the ability to send SNMP traps.

- Chris