Dial Concentrators - TNT / APX8000 R.I.P.

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Tue May 11 22:15:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 4:38 am, Justin Wilson wrote:
> There are those ppl who just want to do e-mail, are comfortable with
> dial-up, don¹t want to pay for than $5-10 for internet, and can¹t get
> anything else.

Indeed. The arguments for alternatives based on the fact theyre cheap,
don't counter the fact that it's not available _everywhere_.

Thus the wider concern I flagged; if the only source for equipment and
spares is the grey market, aren't the vendors missing the boat on
something which shouldn't even have a major overhead to maintain?

What about developing nations where Internet isn't yet as commonplace as
it is in the 'west' ?