Rugged wireless bridge

todd glassey tglassey at earthlink.net
Tue May 11 14:13:09 UTC 2010

On 5/11/2010 6:57 AM, Truman Boyes wrote:
> You can use a soekris embedded computer. (http://soekris.com/). You can put the boards into rugged cases like this:
>
> http://socalfreenet.org/node/267
>
> Here is the case:
>
> http://www.yourbroadbandstore.com/product.php?pid=201838
>
> Kind regards,
> Truman
>

> On 11/05/2010, at 9:36 AM, Andrey Khomyakov wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to provide IP connectivity to an outdoor parking lot for security
>> devices like a camera, and emergency phone and a gate. Does anyone have any
>> suggestions on a wireless bridge and an outdoor rated switch if such exists?
>> How do people provide IP to outdoor locations like a surface parking lot?

If it is going into a FIPS compliant deployment or there is legal impact
of this system I would suggest something like the FortressTech ES520
which is approved for military rollout in battlefield applications.

These are NOT cheap but you get what you pay for in todays world hopefully.

The case the 520 is packaged in is unlike any other WAP I have worked
with and we used them quite a bit for wireless-time services.

http://www.fortresstech.com/Products/SecWiBridges.aspx

Todd Glassey