Surcharge for providing Internet routes?

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Sun May 9 20:51:33 UTC 2010

On 1 May 2010, at 21:43, ML wrote:

> Has anyone here heard of or do they themselves charge extra for
> providing a complete internet table to customers?
>
> Waive the surcharge for sufficiently large commits?

Compared with some kind of reduced/waived fee for partial, or default only, or static routes ?

I have seen some of my customers get charged a set up fee (NRC) for bgp (beyond the port fee).  Normally an indication to me that we're going to have problems with this supplier....  And I have never seen this as an MRC, but I guess it could happen.  Run a mile if so.

Andy