Internationalized domain names in the root

Zaid Ali zaid at zaidali.com
Thu May 6 20:27:00 UTC 2010

I agree Safari experience looks much nicer and yes whole host of potential
malice to arise. Firefox shows punycode

 http://xn--4gbrim.xn----rmckbbajlc6dj7bxne2c.xn--wgbh1c/ar/default.aspx

Now if I understood arabic only and was travelling or happen to use Firefox
which showed punycode how would I trust it? If it was directly translated to
latin characters I could trust it with verification from someone I know who
understands english. I would not trust puny code because an end user does
not know what it means, I think there is potential for a lot of issues here.

Zaid