any "bring your own bandwidth" IPv4 over IPv4 tunnel merchants?

Bill Stewart nonobvious at gmail.com
Mon May 3 21:15:07 UTC 2010

> On Mon, 3 May 2010 14:12:45 -0400
> Bill Bogstad <bogstad at pobox.com> wrote:
>> Like many people, I can't justify the expense of "commercial" IP
>> connectivity for my residence.  As a result, I deal with dynamic IP ..

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Gregory Edigarov
<greg at bestnet.kharkov.ua> wrote:
> Holly shit... Where do you live? In Ukraine we have almost no
> difference (well it is different from one company to another) between
> commercial and residental setups. At least it is so with smaller
> providers like one I have at home and one I work for (they are two
> different companies).
> So it seems very very strange to me you need to justify anything with
> your network operator.

In most of the US, the standard residential ISP service gives you
- some amount of bandwidth, usually asynchronous
- dynamic IP address (with static available for a higher price)
- some service quality and repair speed guarantees
- many ISPs, especially cable modem, have annoying policies that say
you can't run a server at home.  But many don't.
- some ISPs are starting to get the idea tha

Most of the ISPs that provide that kind of service offer business
service using the residential technology
- higher price
- better service quality and repair speed guarantees
- static IP addresses, and you can run a server

--
----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.