Home CPE choice

Jack Carrozzo jack at crepinc.com
Wed Mar 31 23:03:08 UTC 2010

Given a marked lack of $significant funding for home routing, I rock
BSD boxen all over. At one point we had several doing OSPF in my
apartment (because we could) but I moved and am now behind a single
Sun Netra ($30) with BSD, natd, and iptables. Works beautifully.

If you're only interested in real routing hardware, I'd probably go
with the low-end cisco SOHO stuff, or if you still have a 2600 sitting
around and only roll DSL, that will work nicely.

-Jack Carrozzo