New Linksys CPE, IPv6 ?

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Wed Mar 31 20:53:37 UTC 2010

> I checked the documentation for two models (Linux model and highest-end non-Linux model), and there's no mention of IPv6.

If this is a strictly "hardware" discussion, v6 "works" on a variety of
models, albeit not with stock firmware.
To wit : http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6

This suggests that Cisco (et.al.) can release an "official" firmware
image to support v6 on existing devices whenever they're sufficiently
motivated to do so. I'd wager the only reason it hasn't been made GA is
to limit the number of "pass-the-buck" support calls that start at $isp
and get bounced back saying "we don't support that yet, call whoever
makes your router".

My $0.02.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein