[Fwd: [members-discuss] [ncc-announce] RIPE NCC Position On The ITU IPv6 Group]

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Wed Mar 31 20:51:37 UTC 2010

Joly,

It is just another 501(c)(3) incorporated in California. Just as the
ITU is just another treaty organization. The basis for cooperation has
to be mutual interest, not mere assertion of presence, and getting to
maybe after a long, and not very cooperative history, isn't
necessarily YouTube material.

FWIW, CORE was formed at the ITU, and nominally our relationship with
the ITU is slightly less awful than ... any other lobbyist or actor in
the room when Asst. Sec. Gomez was introduced to the community last
Winter. At least, I said so and no one bothered to point out that I
was either wrong or an idiot. Both those things could yet happen.

Eric