Time for a lounge mailing list

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Wed Mar 31 17:00:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Michael Dillon wrote:

> Then we can just remind people to take the non technical
> discussions to the social networking site.

I find that mailing lists flow much better than the discussions on social
networking sites.  The tools available to manage messages on forums and
social networking sites are typically very primitive.

There's a reason that the lions's share of technical discussions occur on
mailing lists and over IRC (esp in the OSS world).

nanog-chat or nanog-lounge lists sound great to me.

Cheers,

Rob

Email: robert at timetraveller.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
Open Source: The revolution that silently changed the world