Finding content in your job title

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Wed Mar 31 16:12:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:34:58PM -0500, Jorge Amodio wrote:
> Ok, let see. In several countries the use of the "title" engineer
> applies to people that achieved a certain technical degree, I'm not
> sure that applies uniformly but in Latin America using the engineer
> title without having achieved that degree is illegal.

when i worked for LSUC, the equivilent of a state bar association, i think,
i was asked to dream up a new title for my role, and asked for
"Network Architect".

it was rejected for the reason that "it bestowes upon you a professional
designation for which you are not qualified."

i think my title ended up being "Systems and Network Engineering Manager".

--
Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org        +92 336 520-4504
"I'm Prime Minister of Canada, I live here and I'm going to take a leak."