Finding content in your job title

Olsen, Jason jolsen at devry.com
Wed Mar 31 14:05:10 UTC 2010

I have "Senior Network Engineer" as my title.  I have an undergraduate
degree in networked communications and management.  When working some
days or on some projects, like when I'm laying out a whole new
datacenter for $EMPLOYER, I feel that I'm filling the role admirably.
Other days, when I'm simply pushing paper or "stamping license plates"
(small, repetitive tasks of little import) I don't feel that I really
deserve the title.

But then, if I had my druthers, I'd put "Chief Bit-mover" on my business
card (the CIO's secretary put the kabash on when I tried it, citing
something about executives not much liking it when non-officers put
"Chief" anything on their cards... ;) )

-JFO