Finding content in your job title

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Wed Mar 31 04:11:20 UTC 2010

On 2010.03.30 23:47, Jorge Amodio wrote:
> that's right Steve, as I said before, what you do and how you do it,
> and in particular what do you contribute to the networking community
> will speak much better of yourself than any title you can imagine.
>
> Do you think that folks like Tim Berners-Lee, Vint Cerf, Jon Postel,
> etc, etc, need a title ?
>
> Focus on the substance not on the appearance.

grazie, I capire.

My post was two fold... and I received a *lot* of off-list feedback that
I'll have to respond to tomorrow.

Generally, I know that a title isn't relevant, especially in the small
little area that I'm in. I was just very curious, as it came up in
discussion today.

I like to think that I do everything possible to do my part. To be
honest, I have as much or more interest in protecting other ASs than I
do our own clients (shhh ;)

Thanks very much Jorge. Although this was a fast-paced thread that was
very entertaining, you've enlightened me.

Cheers,

Steve

--
new sig