Finding content in your job title

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Wed Mar 31 03:26:17 UTC 2010

On 2010.03.30 23:20, Jorge Amodio wrote:
> I'd say that probably around here for those like me that have been in
> operations/engineering management positions we don't give a squat
> about what title your biz card says you have, your actions and
> performance speak by themselves.
>
> There are no kings around here so titles most of the time are worthless.
>
> By asking what title may impress others is sort of a -1 to start.

It isn't about impression.

I'd put 'janitor' on my business card for all I really care.

I know what I love to do, and I know what I am great at. 10 years in the
industry now. The only person who I try to impress is myself... by
staying current on BCP and better ways to do things.

My curiosity has the best of me, so I am looking for opinions. You have
one ;)

Those who know me know what I can do, and in reality, that is all I care
about. I'm not out to impress anyone. I just want to be a good netizen
like the rest.

Impression isn't what I'm after. What I'm curious about is the potential
over-use of the term 'engineer'.

Cheers,

Steve