ARIN negotiation?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Mar 27 01:24:07 UTC 2010

Hello Jeremy -

  So let's see if I can clarify some of your questions:

  - ARIN doesn't generally modify the terms of the RSA agreement
    (this is a fairness issue so that all address holders are
    under similar terms to the extent possible)

  - We've actually revised the RSA on several occasions to make
    the language more member-friendly.  The most recent change
    was the release in February 2009 of RSA 10.0, noted here:
    <https://www.arin.net/announcements/2009/20090217_rsa.html>
    I'd recommend referring your legal team to this announcement
    and related FAQ documents, as we've tried to make as much of
    background information and reasoning available as possible.

  - If there are changes that your legal department would like
    to suggest, I would like to hear about them, and they'll be
    considered to see if they can be accommodated in a future
    revision to be made available for all members.  Email is
    the best way to reach me, but I can also be tracked down
    at my ARIN office number (+1 703 227 9850).

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO