"Is TDM going the way of dial-up?"

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Mar 26 18:32:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:35:37 EDT, "Justin M. Streiner" said:

> I don't see TDM going away entirely any time soon because it still comes
> in handy for things like out-of-band management, etc, plus nowadays there
> is lots of TDM gear on the secondary market that can be picked up
> dirt-cheap.

All the same, the price of gear dropping through the floor on the secondary
market is usually a pretty good indication that the technology is played out,
because supply-and-demand says that demand for the gear will keep the price
propped up until the demand goes away - which usually means the tech is
played out.

Anybody got a counter-example? ;)