IP4 Space

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Mar 26 14:35:36 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 10:59:31 pm Mark Newton wrote:
> How many 10 year old pieces of kit do you have on your network?

90% of the network equipment here is over ten years old, and still trucking.
No plans to replace what is still working, as long as we have spares in stock,
and until we get grants to pay for replacements.

No compelling reasons for the capex on replacing 75% of that over ten year old
equipment, either, as long as it still works and isn't too insecure to use.