NTP clock source

Jon Meek meekjt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 14:42:33 UTC 2010

I use both EndRun Technologies and the "Garmin 18x LVC + old PC" solution.

I am currently seeing 8+ satellites out a North facing window almost
all of the time with the Garmin. The window method may not work if the
window is coated with a metallic layer (common in newer buildings).
Also, be careful extending the serial line. The rise time of the PPS
signal is already degraded by the length of wire that is supplied.

Jon