Cisco Unified Computing System

Claudia de Luna cldeluna at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 15:30:02 UTC 2010

Hello,

Does anyone have any hands on experience with Cisco's Unified Computing System?  Knowing some of the issues it purports to address the solution seems compelling but the devil is in the details.  I generally lean towards the "best of breed" approach and am wary of any solution that claims to do many things (often poorly) vs. one thing very well.  I'm particularly interested in the hooks that the system is supposed to have for 3rd party tools.  In my experience Cisco has not led the way in network management and a large part of this solution is the management system to provision end to end services.

Any experience with this solution would be most welcome, on or off list.

Thank You,

Claudia