IP4 Space

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 01:18:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Simon Perreault
<simon.perreault at viagenie.ca> wrote:
> On 2010-03-22 17:42, Christopher Morrow wrote:
>>
>> the current ietf draft for 'simple
>> cpe security' (draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-09.txt) is
>> potentially calling for some measures like nat, not nat today but...
>
> This is being reversed as we speak.

yup, the 'simple' part of that proposal didn't stay 'simple'.. it's
looking to get more simple (simple again?) but, my point was there are
efforts to provide a not-wide-open-network for v6 deployments at the
residential-cpe end.

I think the goal of the author(s) intend to provide as much freedom as
possible, but wanted a base level of security for the end users, so we
dont re-learn 'lookie i have a dsl! Doh! i got pwned :('  again.

-Chris