OpenLDAP and Active Directory

Andrews Carl 448 Carl.Andrews at crackerbarrel.com
Mon Mar 22 17:24:05 UTC 2010

Please forgive me if this is an inappropriate place to make this
requests.

I need to setup an OpenLDAP server for proxy authentication to Microsoft
Active Directory. From what I have been able to determine this is
completely possible but I am missing something. I have the O'Reilly LDAP
book but it was written several years prior to the current OpenLDAP
version and there has been a major rewrite of the software.

Can anyone help me or point me to somewhere I can get assistance? I have
tried one consulting firm and that was a stellar failure.

I've tried many different searches but a search for 'active directory,
openldap, authentication, proxy, pass-through' either gives information
for Squid or all go back to the same OpenLDAP Administrators guide from
which I am missing something.

Thanks!
Carl