NSP-SEC

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Sat Mar 20 18:47:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010, William Pitcock wrote:

> What I mean is: why can't anyone contribute valuable information to the
> security community?  It is next to impossible to meet so-called 'trusted
> people' if you're new to the game, which is counter-productive.
>
> If you're a 15 year old kid and you just discovered a way to own the
> latest IOS, for example, how do you know who to tell about it?

If I was such a clever 15 year old I would go to Google and enter
"contacting cisco ios security"
which would lead me to ->
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisories_listing.html
which would lead me to ->
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_vulnerability_policy.html
Same exercise can be repeated for most vendors you can choose.

-Hank