Using private APNIC range in US

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Fri Mar 19 06:08:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 14:50 -0400, Daniel Senie wrote:
> As you note, debugging this type of thing is often not intuitive, as
> everything appears to work from almost everywhere

I got curious yesterday and set off a couple (very slow {option -T0},
very polite, very restrictive) nmap single port scans of a few lumps of
1.0.0.0/22 yesterday, but couldn't see much out there due to my several
of our ISPs internal boxes.
It looks like chaos-squared out there. I don't envy anyone fathoming
that stuff out for real.

Still, that said, the transition to fully signed roots seems to be going
along without too much breakage (I think/hope!) so maybe only time will
tell how much this latest block release will give trouble longterm.

Gord

--
rockin ze chair mit  Davey Graham to Banshee from rackserver-2