Latency quesstion

Gregory Hicks ghicks at hicks-net.net
Thu Mar 18 19:12:08 UTC 2010

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:48:31 -0500
> From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net>
> To: nanog at nanog.org
> Subject: Re: Latency quesstion
>
> On 3/18/2010 10:07, Larry Sheldon wrote:
> > On 3/18/2010 09:56, Dennis Dayman wrote:
> >> have a friend who has 21 floors of a building in DFW, multiple
[...]
> It would be interesting to know where this message has been for an
hour
> and a half.

It looks like it was stuck on machine eastrmpop110.cox.net for a
while:

eastrmmtao107.cox.net (InterMail vM.8.00.01.00 201-2244-105-20090324)
with ESMTP id
<20100318150713.FCRZ18765.eastrmmtao107.cox.net at eastrmimpo01.cox.net>
for <nanog at nanog.org>; Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:07:13 -0400

It didn't waste any time getting from you to eastrmimpop01.cox.net but
took about 45 minutes to get off of eastrmpop110.cox.net.  That backlog
has most probably been cleared up by now.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
                                        | Direct:   408.569.7928

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf -- George Orwell

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  -- Thomas Jefferson