Using private APNIC range in US

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Mar 18 16:03:03 UTC 2010

On 3/18/2010 10:52, Jaren Angerbauer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a client here in the US, that I just discovered is using a host
> of private IPs that (as I understand) belong to APNIC (i.e.
> 1.7.154.70, 1.7.154.00-99, etc.) for their web servers.  I'm assuming
> that the addresses probably nat to a [US] public IP.  I'm not familiar
> enough with the use of private address space outside of ARIN (i.e.
> 192.0.0.0, 10.0.0.0, etc) but I figure if their sites are up and
> accessible it must be working for them.  I'm just wondering if there
> is any recommendation or practice around this -- using private IP
> ranges from another country.  Thanks.

I think the correct term is "pirated addresses" or maybe "Hijacked
addresses".

RFC 1918 applies world wide.

I don'r ever advocate any kind of antisocial behaviour.

--
Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on the dinner menu.
(A republic, using parliamentary law, protects the minority.)

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs