CSIRT - Backbone Security : Runtime Monitoring and DynamicReconfiguration for Intrusion Detection Systems

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu Mar 18 01:20:12 UTC 2010

On 3/17/10 6:09 PM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
>> My spammy sense is going nuts just at the whole ALL CAPS of this guy's
>> last name.
>
> I thought all-uppercase last names were a traditional French convention...
> This guy is French, isn't he? - judging by his name.
>
> His habit of addressing everyone as "Mister" is peculiar indeed, but
> maybe he is really just very new to the customs and conventions of the
> Anglophone Internet community?
>
> Just wondering...
>
> MS

I'm not sure of conventions, but he just referred to me as Mister Bruns
in private e-mail.  Not a good way to get on my good side, given Brielle
is a French name that means 'exalted goddess'.  :-)

Though he seems highly optimistic that I should develop for him.  *rolls
eyes*

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org