IPv6 in Education Question

Antonio M. Moreiras moreiras at nic.br
Wed Mar 17 21:53:13 UTC 2010

It is such a great opportunity.

I had chance to give similar speeches in Brazil last year, and choosed
to stress the following topics, besides the basic catechism:
- IPv6 is inevitable, it is already part of Internet, and will be fully
deployed in few years. Its deploying is slow, but the momentum is
increasing;
- Universities had an important role in IPv6 development some years ago,
and should be leading this process now, but they are not;
- It is very important to the Internet, that the network engineers learn
about IPv6, and use IPv6, inside universities and schools...
- Universities could help the national industry to adopt IPv6 in their
products, to secure the current market, or to conquer new ones.

[]s
Moreiras

Em 17-03-2010 15:58, Todd Christell escreveu:
> So Im giving an introductory talk on IPv6 for a state wide conference for tech coordinators for education.  I have the usual catechism of reasons/advantages from the network side
but was wondering if there were any good education specific applications
of v6.  My major goal is to help them understand the situation so that
they can make use of the base of educators in our state to help spread
the work about IPv6.