L2TPv3 Vendor Support

Brad Fleming bdfleming at kanren.net
Wed Mar 17 16:26:38 UTC 2010

Hello all,

We've run across a project that requires support for several (ie:
10-20) L2TPv3 tunnels due to user needs/constraints. As far as I can
tell, the only major vendor supporting L2TPv3 features at this time is
Cisco; however, I openly admit that I'm not very familiar with the
more traditional service provider offerings. While I'd love to drop a
ton of cash on some new Cisco gear, I'm afraid that will push our
budget over the limit.

Is there a box out there with decent port density at a reasonable
price that supports L2TPv3? It doesn't need a TON of management
features.. it'll only be used as an L2TPv3 aggregator.

I very much appreciate any suggestions or insights.
--
Brad Fleming