anti-ddos test solutions ?

jul jul_bsd at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 17 06:45:03 UTC 2010

Hello nanogers,

Following the multiple thread on ddos attack, I was asking myself how
someone could test chosen solutions.
In most cases, you can't load your Internet access in the same way
attackers will (does someone have a botners with ten thousands computers
or more :) ?)
But a solution to test basic attack (synflood, slowloris, socktress,
...) with 10 to hundred computers would be interesting, so not a tool
but more a service.

Found only Parabon [1] on Google

Does someone know something similar ?

Thanks
Best regards,

		Jul

Note: Please, don't forget this kind of public tests have some serious
legal impact and you need to have an agreement with your ISP/operators
to do it in most countries.
Note2: Google has a lot of answers. Most of them are about tool and
methodology, so not sure for a live test. I'm not looking for a lab
solution but real one with business acceptation (and a wise choice on
the hours of the test so front-end can be switch to "maintenance mode")

[1] New grid service simulates DDoS attacks, May 2009
http://www.computerworlduk.com/technology/security-products/business-continuity/news/index.cfm?newsId=14640